Please note that we will take stern action against any organisation or individual who misrepresent MARES Malaysia in any way to solicit sales or funds for personal gain.
Can I organise a fundraising event or campaign on behalf of MARES Malaysia?
Yes. We are constantly on the lookout for individuals and organisations to fundraise with us in continuing our humanitarian work. From small-scale events to national campaigns, we are always open to opportunities of collaborating with partners who share our vision and commitment to our humanitarian work.
If you are interested to fundraise for us, please forward your details to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need approval from MARES Malaysia before I start fundraising?
Yes. We take our accountability very seriously, and we need to ensure that the funds from fundraising events held in our name are properly channeled to those in need. As such, we require your kind cooperation to inform us of your intentions to fundraise on behalf of MARES Malaysia.
Can I use MARES Malaysia logo to support my fundraising event?
Yes. You will need to seek prior approval from MARES Malaysia before developing any marketing and promotional material which includes our logo.
Can I sell my products/services and nominate a percentage of sales to be donated to MARES Malaysia?
Yes. You will need to seek prior approval from MARES Malaysia before developing any marketing and promotional material which includes our logo, or any collaterals declaring MARES Malaysia as your beneficiary should consumers buy your products or services. Please note that we will take stern action against any organisations or individuals who misrepresent MARES Malaysia in any way to solicit sales or funds for personal gain.
Can I fundraise for a specific disaster location or country?
Yes, however bear in mind that specific appeals for a particular disaster can only be carried out for a maximum of 6 months from the date of the disaster occurring. This is in compliance with the requirements outlined by the Registrar of Societies. This is intended to protect the public by preventing fundraising for specific appeals to continue indefinitely. However, certain disasters may require additional funding, and as such we may be able to apply for extension of specific appeals, subject to approval from the Registrar of Societies. If you are unsure, do get in touch with us to check which appeals are still active.
Can I or my organisation decide how the fund raised from my event/campaign should be utilised?
We strongly discourage this. We are a needs-based organization, and as such we strive to provide assistance to our beneficiaries purely on a needs basis. By earmarking your funds for specific expenditure only, we are unable to utilise your funds elsewhere, where it may be needed more. An example of this would be, if you specify that your fund should only be spent on community relief projects, this would then exclude other potentially more urgent needs such as medical relief or treatment for the elderly. We are committed to being accountable to our donors on how the funds should be channeled, and we encourage you to keep your donations non-earmarked.
Can I get publicity or media coverage for my fundraising event or campaign?
Yes. You may coordinate directly with the media should you require publicity or coverage of your event or campaign. We appreciate your assistance in getting prior approval from MARES Malaysia for any quotes from our representatives to be included in your press release. Should you need a representative from MARES Malaysia to be present at your media event, we appreciate your assistance in informing us at least 3 working days before the event.
Do you have any guidelines for parties who would like to help MARES Malaysia fundraise?
For small organisations and businesses or non-corporate individuals intending to fundraise for MARES Malaysia, your fundraising initiative falls under the Drive for Charity Package. Guidelines are as follows:
- MARES MALAYSIA DONATION BOX/(ES), SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY, AND SOME BROCHURES FROM US WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU ON LOAN ACCORDING TO THE DURATION OF YOUR FUNDRAISING EFFORT OR AS PER AGREED BETWEEN BOTH PARTIES;
- IT HAS TO BE DONE INDEPENDENTLY*;
- A TEMPLATE PRESS RELEASE FROM MARES MALAYSIA (IF REQUIRED). YOU WILL NEED TO SHOW US YOUR FINAL COPY OF THE PRESS RELEASE BEFORE ISSUANCE TO THE MEDIA;
- HANDOVER OF DONATION AT MARES MALAYSIA’S HEADQUARTERS AT 4A, JALAN TINGGI 6/12, SECTION 6, 46782 PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR (EITHER CASH OR CHEQUE HANDOVER – ADDRESSED TO “MARES”) WITH PHOTO-OPPORTUNITY BY OUR INTERNAL PHOTOGRAPHER;
- THE PHOTO OF THE HANDOVER AND INFORMATION ON THE FUNDRAISING INITIATIVE WILL BE FEATURED ON MARES MALAYSIA’S FACEBOOK PAGE;
- ON MARES MALAYSIA’S SIDE, THE REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE HANDOVER OF DONATION WILL BE PRESIDENT, VICE PRESIDENT, SECRETARY OR TREASURER.
*Why your fundraising initiative has to be done independently:
- MARES MALAYSIA IS A NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION THAT PUTS FOCUS ON OPERATIONS.
- MARES MALAYSIA TRIES TO RUN LOW ON ADMINISTRATION COST AND DOES NOT EMPLOY ANY STAFF.
- 100% OF THE DONATIONS COLLECTED WILL GO TO THE BENEFICIARIES.
- AS A NON-PROFIT SOCIETY, OUR HIGH-LEVEL EXCO MEMBERS CONSIST OF VOLUNTEERS. THEREFORE, REQUIREMENTS-MATCHING FOR THEM TO BE AVAILABLE DURING HANDOVER OF DONATIONS MAY BE DIFFICULT.
- WE NEED YOU TO HELP US BY TAKING THE RESPONSIBILITY TO ORGANISE THE EVENT AND WE THOROUGHLY APPRECIATE THE INITIATIVE AND HELP FROM YOU TO HELP US RAISE FUNDS.